North Dakota State Fair Features Ten New Foods
(Minot, ND) Enjoying all of North Dakota State Fair’s Great. Big. Fun. is sure to work up an appetite! Fortunately, as any seasoned Fairgoer could tell you, there is no shortage of delicious food on the Midway and 2013 is no different. With 40 food vendors and over a hundred different food items there is sure to be something that appeals to every pallet. The North Dakota State Fair will be expanding its Food Court menu for the 2013 North Dakota State Fair held July 19-27.
Returning and new vendors have also been encouraged to participate in the 2nd Annual “Food Frenzy” Contest. This contest is open only to foods that have never been available at the Fair before. “This is a great promotion that we have going on,” Pelzer said, “with several food vendors all across the grounds adding fun, new food items to their menus.”
Vendors taking part in the Food Frenzy will be judged by a panel of local celebrities. Their foods will be rated based on the foods appearance, taste, creativity and overall appeal. The winners will receive giant ribbons and bragging rights for the year.
Keep an eye out for the following Food Frenzy Participants:
- Thomsen’s Root Beer – Caramel Turtle Funnel Cakes
- Quesadilla Junction – Blazin’ Chick Chips
- Trolly Cart- Fresh Cut Parmesan Garlic Fries
- Wife’s Kitchen – Dakota Slaw Burgers & Pig Tails (sausage links dipped in maple batter and served on a stick)
- B&G Concessions – Norske Nuggets (Mini knephlas and polish sausage bites served on sauerkraut)
- Cini-Smiths – Bacon Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
- M&S Concessions – Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches
- Straight’s Concessions – Bacon Battered Corndogs
- Walleye on a Stick – Beer Battered Walleye
Also, be sure to check out the new Food Finder located on the North Dakota State Fair website. With this application, Fair attendees can search the delicious menu of food items available across the Fairgrounds and find exactly where they are located.